- This event has passed.
Blender School #1
12 May @ 13:00 - 17:00
Blender is a popular free and open source 3D modelling program used by professionals and amateurs for 2D/3D animation, making assets for games, video editing, motion graphics, compositing and more.
Blender school will be a three-part workshop series, led by Antonio Roberts, that will act as an introduction to the software and its features. In these workshops you will be introduced to basic concepts of animation and navigating 3D space, eventually progressing to more advanced concepts and techniques such as particle generators, sculpting and compositing.
In this workshop we will cover:
- Navigating Blender’s interface
- Manipulating and editing objects
- Using keyframes for animation
Participants will need the following for the workshop:
- Blender, which can be downloaded here: https://www.blender.org/
- A laptop. Blender is capable of running on almost all computers. However, as a 3D modelling program it requires more resources than most programs and, preferably, a dedicated graphics card. More details of laptop specification can be found here https://www.blender.org/download/requirements/
- A three button mouse. Many of the commands in blender require the use of left, right and middle mouse buttons.
Tickets are £20 per workshop. Tickets for this workshop can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/blender-school-1-tickets-45729838177
About the workshop leader
Antonio Roberts is an Artist and Curator based in Birmingham. He has been a Blender user since 2014 and has had work made using this software featured on MTV, and at Tate Britain, Barbican, Birmingham Open Media and more. From 2015 – 2017 he taught Motion Graphics at University of Westminster.